Tagged: 

This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years, 10 months ago by vitolaroche00.

• Author
     vitolaroche00
    Participant

<p>Of all the locations Parti raced, he possibly greatest enjoyed the annual trek to Salinas, California, and the charity races held on a TT track set up on the Salinas Fairgrounds half-mile. Longtime pal Bud Ekins had gotten into collecting antique motorcycles, and by way of him Parti caught the bug. By the 1990s, he became particularly identified for his work with pre-World War I American bikes. Parti, who worked his entire life as a machinist, became a master at fabricating new parts for these rare machines. By the late 1960s, Parti began to scale back his racing efforts. There wasn’t even a class for them. When Parti and his fellow sidecar racers 1st showed up at Bonneville, the officials didn’t know what to do with them. Over the years, Parti has restored hundreds of motorcycles. Not quite in a position to totally give up the speed bug, Parti started taking his sidehacks to the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah for the major-speed runs each year.</p><p><span style=”font-style: oblique;”>CT Polar Bears, from left,</span> <span style=”font-weight: 600;”>Fonz, Captain, Anonymous Ed</span> and Thumper. He looked great and all grown up. His job circumstance changed and we have not noticed a great deal of him. Fonz and Anonymous got the table and I went to check-in. We left about 1230 got gas then headed north on the GSP at warp speed. As we settled in for our meal who showed up but Thumper. For those who are not regular weblog followers, Thumper was a single of Chris’ motorcycle students and decided to join us final season. He earned his nickname riding a single cylinder motorcycle that very first season. He lives in Jersey now and we hope to see him at a lot more rides. I arrived at the DD at 0815 for coffee. Heading south we passed a rider sleeping on the shoulder of I-95 southbound, it was the Fonz. Editor’s Note: Unfortunately 1 of our Polar Bear destinations, The Upstream Grill, closed before we could get there. He would be top the ride right now but alas his GPS would not accept the address, he even tried 3x. Pogy named at 0910 to want us a safe ride as he was unable to come due to prior obligation. CT Bears arriving, Captain, Anonymous Ed and Fonz. Thumper astride a BMW. So the Grand Tour ride coordinators discovered us berth at The Cabin, site of our pre-Christmas toy run, these many years. At 0900 Anonymous Ed showed up. We departed the DD at 0928 with me in the lead. Continued south with Fonz as sweep and arrived at the Cabin at 1127. It rained all the way.</p><p>Cincinnati has lots of wonderful charitable motorcycle events and a best one is Breast Fest.This years Breast Fest is the 10th annual. There are two ladies that are going to be certain beneficiaries. Kathy and Dam McCarthy started the occasion in 2005. This was to help their daughter’s friend diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 27. They have been organizing the event ever considering that. There will be reside music by Randy Peak, Super Bad and Chuck Brisbin. In January 2012 she identified out she had stage 4 cancer. In fact a lot of faces. Registration is at 10:30 and bikes depart at 12:30. The ride ends at McDogs Lakeside saloon 3611 Bevis Way. The proceeds of the ride are utilised to fight against breast cancer. Melissa Morrison a 35 year old single mother of two toddlers is one person that will get some much needed help. Her breast cancer was stage 3 and she had six rounds of chemo, 31 doses of radiation and 20 Herceptin treatments. The ride starts at the Holy Grail Banks 161 Joe Nuxall Way. But breast cancer has a face to it. She battles difficult each day. In addition she has gone thru 6 surgeries. The guest emcee will be from 96Rock. There will be plenty of meals and entertaining. Also Angie Auel, a forty year old mother of three and a school teacher is the other particular beneficiary. So even if you can not be in the ride you can come to Mcdogs and join in the festivities and attain into your pocket book to give to a fantastic trigger. So mark Sunday June 1st, on you calender of motorcycle events to attend. It could have more than a 1000 bikes participating.</p><p>bike fairingI put my V-Strom on Craig’s List nowadays, after carrying out a pre-sale clean-up on the bike and a little bit of upkeep. Sadly, I didn’t put that many miles on it, considering the time: about 54,000 miles. I’ve had this bike for 12 years, the longest I’ve ever owned a motorcycle . Given that I bought my WR250X in 2009, the V-Strom has taken a second-fiddle position for everything but lengthy distance rides and even some of these I did on the WR. Too quite a few years of editors telling me how quite a few words I get to use for a subject. I purchased my V-Strom utilized in August 2006, with 1,400 miles on the odometer, when the V-Strom was nonetheless a fairly new model and adventure touring motorcycles had been incredibly new to the US. I can’t support myself, the reality that Craig’s List doesn’t limit the wordcount is just freedom to go nuts for me. 2004 Suzuki V-Strom 650 DL650 – $2200 (Red Wing).</p>

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

Please send us an email and we'll get back to you, ASAP.

Sending

Forgot your details?